Ten Things Thursday
Is it Thursday again already?!! OK, here goes. Todays list is:
My Ten Favorite Places in NYC
1) Grand Central Station- The large open space. The clock. The architecture. The bustle of the people coming and going. The “solid, sturdy” feel of it.
2) Times Square – the heart of the theatre district! Bright lights, tons of people, Broadway shows, tons of restaurants. I remember seeing it as a teenager and the impact it had on me. Exciting, fun, and entertaining.
3) Central Park- When you need a break from the concrete and want to feel close to nature…when you need a place to lay down on blanket and close your eyes for a while and feel the sun on your face…
4) West Village- My first NYC home. Restaurants, lounges, shops…a haven for artists….”viva la vie bohem”!!
5) Camaradas- Great spot in El Barrio!! Good food and drinks, but also live music performances. On some nites they also have bomba and plena dancing!
6) Nectar Wine Bar- Classy, quiet wine bar in Harlem. Great wine, great people. You can actually have a conversation in this place and be heard! A nice place to meet after work, or for a first date…
7) UVA- A great restaurant and wine bar on the UES. Theres even a garden in the back which is so nice during the summer. Really nice staff, always very warm and welcoming.
8) Staten Island Ferry at nite time. You just can beat the view of the NYC skyline at nite from the ferry.
9) Broadway Dance Center- (although its moved a million times)- Love that you can go anytime and take any kind of dance class you feel like taking. So many great teachers and dancers there!
10) Drama Bookshop- Love this store. You can find almost ANY play here, as well as tons of other resources for artists!!