Happy Birthday to Me!! :)
Well, another year alive! I am happy and grateful! Its been a good year!!
If you are reading this and know me personally I hope to see you at my birthday party tmrw -you can text me for details. 🙂 Since it is going to be so hot, we have moved it indoors. I am excited.
I know I missed Ten Things yesterday so here it is, belated Enjoy….
Ten fun things about Birthdays:
1) Cake. Its all about the cake. One of the few times I can eat it and enjoy it without guilt. This years cake will be from the disgustingly delicious bakery near my sister in Astoria called Marthas.
2) People- seeing all my friends and family and catching up with them….
3) Partying- this “party” has been going on all week long. Its a national holiday, dont you know? I saw the Pompeii exhibit on Sunday, went to Ferraros in Littel Italy, bar hopping and fast food Indian in the East village later, dancing tocome tmrw nite….
4) Receiving all of the nice birthday wishes from people.
5) An excuse to get dressed up and get your hair did.
6) A day to focus unabashedly on yourself and spoil yourself!!
7) A day when its ok to spend more that I usually do.
8) A day to reflect on my life and all that I am grateful for. A day to revisit what I like and dont like about it and the time to make decisions about the future.
9) A day to blast the music really loud and dance like no one is watching!
10) Since I share my birthday with my other half, its also a day to celebrate my sister and her life!!
Cheers people!! Have an Oreo for me!! 🙂