ten things thursday- super late edition
Not sure if I’ve done this one already…if so, o well. Enjoy the encore!
TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE FALL:
1) The cool, crisp breeze. Summer is over, but winter is not here yet, so its that perfect “in between” state.
2) That “back to school” feeling. The feeling of starting a new school year, of looking forward to classes that will start up again, meeting new people and reconnecting with old friends. The feeling of possibilty, hope, and excitement.
3) Pumpkins. Large, small, smooth or bumpy. I love their color, their shape, the stems. They symbolize all of the feelings in reason 2.
4) Warm drinks like apple cider, tea,and hot chocolate. This is the time of year when I lean less towards coffee (gasp!) and more towards these comforting beverages.
5) Seeing the leaves change colors. So pretty.
6) Seeing little kids in their backpacks on their way to school. Sooo cute.
7) Wearing cardigans and maybe a lite jacket but still not needing a heavy winter coat just yet!
8) Halloween! Love this day and all of the festivities around it. I’m thinking of being Wonder Woman this year, but have yet to make a definite decision.
9) Getting really busy again and returning to that feeling of structure and forward motion, as opposed to the feeling of relaxing and taking it easy that I felt over the summer.
10) The nostalgic feelings that hit me during the fall and the memories of my past that remind me of who I am and where I come from. These are feelings that help me to feel grounded and centered and focused on what I am doing!